Searching for an appetizer that’s a little fancier but easy to make and doesn’t skimp on flavor? Air fryer frozen bacon wrapped scallops are a great option!
Ready in just minutes right from frozen, these tasty bite-size drops of heaven are both crispy on the outside and soft on the inside!
If you’re planning on making these frozen bacon wrapped scallops in the air fryer, read through these few tips and infos before getting started:
- Scallops can be tricky to cook. You want them to be cooked thoroughly because they are seafood but you also don’t want to overcook them – or else they get rubbery. We’d recommend a thermometer to get the internal temperature just right. This way you’ll know exactly when they are done!
- Make sure your air fryer is clean since you are cooking bacon in the air fryer! Sometimes, when there is too much grease, smoke can develop so keep a close eye on your air fryer when using it.
- The bacon might not get super crispy because you don’t want to accidentally overcook the scallops. So, depending on your air fryer, you might have to settle for softer bacon – but it’s still cooked and delicious in your mouth.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
If you want to see all the steps with visuals, you can stay in this section.
Otherwise, if you just want to get started, you can jump down to the recipe card for the cooking time and temperature!
First, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
When the air fryer is preheated, add the bacon wrapped scallops in one even layer. Make sure to leave some space between them so they don’t stick together as they thaw.
You also don’t want to overcrowd your air fryer as this can prevent the bacon from getting crispy and the scallops cooking evenly.
Air fry the scallops at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 minutes, then flip them and air fry them for another 4-6 minutes until they are fully cooked and starting to brown.
Keep in mind that the exact cooking time can vary. This depends on your air fryer (some cook hotter than others) and the size of the scallops.
Try to not overcook the scallops as this will make them rubbery. If you are unsure, a good way to determine when they are done cooking is using an instant read thermometer.
The scallops are done when they’ve reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
When the bacon wrapped scallops are done, you can take them out of the air fryer. Place them on a plate and let them sit for 2 minutes. Then enjoy!
Ideally, you do not have any scallops left over since they taste best hot and fresh.
If you do have some remaining, place them in a sealed container and store them in the fridge. They are seafood and you don’t want them to spoil by sitting out on the counter for too long.
To reheat the scallops, we’d suggest the air fryer again on a low temperature just until they are warm. Remember that the scallops can get rubbery if overcooked so keep a close eye on them.
What to Serve Bacon Wrapped Scallops With
These scallops wrapped in bacon are a solid appetizer – and would go great as part of a “surf and turf” dinner night.
We’d pair them with either salmon fillets, pork chops, or even a steak done to perfection!
If you liked these bacon wrapped scallops from frozen, check out these other popular appetizers – also all from frozen:
- Frozen Battered Pickles in Air Fryer
- Frozen Coconut Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Air Fried Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Frozen Spanakopita
- Cauliflower Wings in the Air Fryer (from Frozen)
Air Fryer Frozen Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- 9 frozen bacon wrapped scallops
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the air fryer is hot, add the frozen bacon wrapped scallops in one even layer. There shouldn't be any overlap.
- Air fry the scallops at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes total until fully cooked and starting to brown. Flip the scallops halfway through the cooking time (around the 4 minute mark). The exact cooking time can vary depending on your air fryer and the size of the scallops. They are done cooking when the scallops have an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When air fried, remove the bacon wrapped scallops from the air fryer and let them sit for two minutes. Then enjoy!
- Don’t overcrowd your air fryer, otherwise the bacon might not crisp up evenly.
- A thermometer is great for determining when the scallops are done cooking. You don’t want to accidentally overcook them, since that can make them rubbery.
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice.