Craving a crispy snack or appetizer that is destined to be dipped? Frozen taquitos in the air fryer are for you!
This delicious rolled taco cooks perfectly in the air fryer from frozen so you don’t have to worry about making them from scratch.
Air fryer frozen taquitos are best enjoyed dipped in guacamole, salsa, sour cream – or even all three!
Before you make taquitos in the air fryer, have a quick look through these recipe tips so that you can achieve the best results!
- You don’t need to thaw the taquitos first. Simply place them into the air fryer from frozen.
- There is also no need to spray the taquitos with any oil. You can if you wish, but they will get crispy without it (we don’t usually use any oil).
- It’s important to not overcrowd the air fryer tray. The frozen taquitos need room to get crispy. If you have a smaller air fryer and can’t fit them all, make them in two batches.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
To see how we make frozen taquitos, you can check out the recipe photos in this section.
Otherwise, you can skip to the bottom of this post to the recipe card with the cooking times and temperatures!
First, preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
When the air fryer has been preheated, add the taquitos in one even layer onto the air fryer tray. There should be a little space between them so that they can crisp and cook evenly.
Cook the taquitos for 8-10 minutes until fully heated and crispy on the outside. Be sure to gently shake/rotate the taquitos with silicone-tipped tongs halfway through.
Once done, remove the taquitos and serve with salsa, sour cream, or another preferred dipping sauce.
We recommend just making as many frozen taquitos in the air fryer as you need since they taste best when they are fresh.
If you do end up having leftovers, you can store them in the fridge in a sealed container.
To reheat, you can either place them back into the air fryer or heat them up in the microwave (they’ll be less crispy in the microwave).
For more tasty frozen appetizers, have a look at these popular options:
- Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fried Burritos From Frozen
- Air Fried Frozen Chicken Strips
- Air Fried Frozen Battered Mushrooms
- 6 frozen taquitos
- dipping sauce (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the air fryer has been preheated, add the taquitos in one even layer onto the air fryer tray. There should be a little space between them so that they can crisp and cook evenly.
- Cook the taquitos for 8-10 minutes until fully heated and crispy on the outside. Be sure to gently shake/rotate the taquitos with silicone-tipped tongs halfway through.
- Once done, remove the taquitos and serve with salsa, sour cream, or another preferred dipping sauce.
- The inside of the taquitos is super hot when they are fresh out of the air fryer so keep that in mind before you bite!
- The exact cook time will vary depending on your air fryer and the thickness of the taquitos.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 861mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 13g
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice. The exact values can vary depending on the specific ingredients used.