The exact cook time can vary. Read below for our tips!
If you’re looking for the perfect classy appetizer – or guilty, cheesy snack – air fryer brie is the way to go.
Topped with red pepper jelly, honey, and chopped pecans, this brie is perfectly melty and totally dippable!
Different from baked brie bites (also yum), a simple baked air fryer brie is perfect for entertaining because it’s super quick to make and you can add whatever toppings you desire.
You can change crackers for crostinis or even raw veggies.
To make baked brie air in the air fryer, here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Wheel of brie cheese – We used a 16 oz brie; if you use a smaller one, your cooking time will be slightly shorter.
- Pita chips, crackers or crostini – Anything for dipping.
- Chopped pecans – Can also use chopped almonds, or skip completely.
- Red pepper jelly – A delicious combination with brie; can also use cranberries instead.
- Honey or maple syrup – For some added sweetness if desired.
Before you make this air fryer baked brie, read through these recipe tips so that you gain all our brie-related knowledge from our experience making them:
- Do not remove any of the brie rind. The rind is safe to eat and helps the brie hold its shape in the air fryer.
- If your brie comes in a little wooden box, you can use that to cook your brie in because it will help it keep its shape. Just make sure to remove any packaging first!
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to place under the brie. It will make removing the brie much easier later when it’s done!
- The cooking time will vary based on the size and thickness of your brie. We had a 16 oz brie and it took approximately 8-9 minutes to cook. The cheese is done when the inside is quite squishy when you push on the top of the rind. Be careful not to overcook the brie to where the rind splits and the cheese spills into the air fryer.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
How to Bake Brie in the Air Fryer – Step by Step Instructions
For the complete steps on how to make a baked brie in the air fryer, you can follow along in this section and check out the step by step process photos to double check your progress.
For the cooking times, temperatures, and additional notes without visuals, you have a look at the recipe card below!
First, preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
While you wait for it to preheat, remove all the packaging from your brie and cut a piece of parchment paper to fit under the brie. Do not remove the top layer of rind.
When the air fryer is hot, add the brie on the parchment paper into the air fryer basket. This will make it easier to remove it from the air fryer later.
Air fry the brie at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 7-9 minutes until soft. Smaller brie will be done sooner (at approximately 5-7 minutes).
Keep an eye on it as every air fryer cooks slightly differently and the thickness of the brie will affect cooking time as well.
When the brie is done (it will be very soft to the touch under the rind) grab the parchment paper and remove the brie from the air fryer.
Place the baked brie on a plate and sprinkle with chopped pecans, add some red pepper jelly, drizzle with honey and serve with some crackers, pita chips, or crostini.
Alternatively, you can serve it with toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
If you have any leftovers from your brie in the air fryer, wait until the cheese has cooled and transfer it to a sealed container.
Store the cheese in the fridge – it’ll last for around 3 days – but eat it soon because the cheese no longer has the protective outer rind.
To reheat the baked brie, you can pop it back in the air fryer on low for a few minutes until heated again (for example at 280 degrees).
However (this is important), keep an eye on the cheese because without the outer rind to hold it together the cheese will run once it gets soft enough.
To avoid this, place the leftover brie in an air fryer-safe dish or you might also just opt to reheat it in the microwave on a plate for a few seconds.
What to Serve Baked Brie With
Besides the dozens of topping combinations for brie, you can dip lots of things into the brie or spread the melty brie onto plenty of different things:
- A classic pairing is a chip/cracker idea. Things like pita chips, any type of crackers (Triscuit, Ritz, etc.), crostinis, or even homemade croutons can work well!
- You can also dip cut up raw vegetables like carrots and celery sticks or even radishes.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about making a baked brie:
A 16 oz brie takes approximately 7-9 minutes to cook in the air fryer. An even larger, thicker brie will take slightly longer and a smaller brie will need around 5-7 minutes. It is important to keep an eye on your brie in the air fryer as every brie and air fryer are slightly different.
There are so many different topping combinations for baked brie. We love red pepper jelly and honey for sweetness and heat with pecans for crunch/texture. Of course, you can add different sweet jams, different nuts, spices like sea salt, and other savory additions like diced cured chorizo and everything bagel seasoning!
Yes. The rind – called a bloomy rind – is a natural layer that is safe to consume. In fact, the rind works in combination with the soft inner cheese to provide texture and additional flavor.
We’ve got so many more awesome air fryer appetizers you can make – and many of them involve delicious cheese!
Air Fryer Baked Brie
- 1 16 ounces round brie, for smaller brie see notes
- pita chips, crackers or crostini
- chopped pecans
- red pepper jelly
- honey or maple syrup
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While you wait, remove all the packaging from your brie and cut a piece of parchment paper to fit under the brie. Do not remove the top layer of rind.
- When the air fryer is hot, add the brie on the parchment paper into the air fryer basket. This will make it easier to remove it from the air fryer later.
- Air fry the brie at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 7-9 minutes until soft. Smaller brie will be done sooner (after approximately 5-7 minutes). Keep an eye on it as every air fryer cooks slightly differently and the thickness of the brie will affect cooking time.
- When the brie is done (it will be very soft to the touch under the rind), grab the parchment paper and remove the brie from the air fryer. Place the baked brie on a plate and sprinkle with chopped pecans, add some red pepper jelly, drizzle with honey and serve with some crackers, pita chips, or crostini. Alternatively, serve with toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
- If your brie is smaller than 16 oz, the cooking time will be shorter, approximately 5-7 minutes but this can vary based on the exact size and thickness of the brie.
- If your brie comes in a wooden box, you can cook it in that (it will help keep its shape). However, make sure to remove any plastic or additional paper packaging first.
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice.