Craving something salty and meaty for that classic weekend breakfast? Air fryer breakfast sausages are definitely the answer for you!
Similar to sausage patties – but known as sausage links – these tasty little breakfast sausages are so easy to make in the air fryer.
You’ll be feasting on sausages crisped to your liking in minutes – without much of the frying pan mess!
Before you go and make some breakfast sausage in the air fryer, be sure to read through these quick recipe tips for great results!
- Be sure to no overcrowd the sausages in the tray so that they get a chance to cook thoroughly.
- Your total cook time might vary depending on how crispy you want the outside of the sausages, the thickness of the sausage, and your air fryer.
- Similar to cooking bacon in the air fryer, you might experience white smoke when cooking breakfast sausage links in the air fryer. This is because of the fat content in the meat. It is important to not leave the air fryer unattended – especially if this is the first time making breakfast sausages in your air fryer.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
To see visuals for how to make sausage links in the air fryer, you can have a look at the recipe photos below.
If you’re just looking for the times and temperatures to cook the sausages, you can skip down to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
First, preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
When it is hot, place the breakfast sausages onto the air fryer tray. Make sure to not overcrowd the air fryer – this will help the sausages to cook evenly.
Cook the sausages for 10-12 minutes until fully cooked through and crispy on the outside. Gently shake the air fryer basket or flip the sausages with tongs halfway through.
Depending on the sausages’ thickness, your preferred level of crispiness, and your air fryer, the cook time can vary slightly.
Remove the sausages from the air fryer and serve them as part of breakfast or brunch.
These breakfast sausages are best enjoyed hot out of the air fryer. However, you can always store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge. They will last for up to 3 days like this.
You can then eat them cold or reheat them in a frying pan, in the microwave, or in the air fryer for just a few minutes!
What to Serve Air Fryer Breakfast Sausages With
Breakfast sausages make a great addition to a hearty breakfast. Even though they are quick and easy to make, we like to reserve them for weekend brunch.
We generally eat them with homemade pancakes and berries – but frozen pancakes will do in a pinch. Oh, and don’t forget the maple syrup for sweet dipping or ketchup for savory dipping!
You could also use them as part of a breakfast sandwich if you are not a fan of pancakes, waffles, or French toast.
If you want more air fryer breakfast recipes, check out these classics:
- 10 breakfast sausages
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When it is hot, place the breakfast sausages onto the air fryer tray. Make sure to not overcrowd the air fryer - this will help the sausages to cook evenly.
- Cook the sausages for 10-12 minutes until fully cooked through and crispy on the outside. Gently shake the air fryer basket or flip the sausages with tongs halfway through. Depending on the sausages' thickness, your preferred level of crispiness, and your air fryer, the cook time can vary slightly.
- In some cases, you might experience white smoke when making breakfast sausages in the air fryer. That's why it is important to not leave your air fryer unattended - especially when trying it for the first time. If you have experienced white smoke before, make sure to use an air fryer that is clean and also try cooking the sausages at a lower temperature (e.g. 350 degrees Fahrenheit). Keep in mind that the cooking time will be slightly longer if you turn down the temperature.
- Make sure that the sausages are fully cooked before consuming them. The internal temperature should be 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 374mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice. The exact values can vary depending on the specific ingredients used.