Craving a sweet treat or a simple breakfast? Air fryer frozen waffles might do the trick!
With just a few classic frozen waffles and your air fryer, you can enjoy hot, crispy waffles just like out of the toaster.
Frozen waffles made in the air fryer are easy to do and can be topped savory or sweet however you like!
When you make frozen waffles in an air fryer, be sure to read these recipe tips to achieve the best results!
- We usually use Eggo waffles when making waffles in the air fryer but other brands of frozen waffles will also work. Just keep in mind that cooking time might vary a tiny bit.
- You do not need extra butter or oil on the frozen waffles. Just place the frozen waffle in the air fryer tray by themselves and you’re good to go!
- We usually make “original” waffles and haven’t tried any “stuffed” waffles with a strawberry filling or chocolate in them. They should also work well in the air fryer, just keep an eye on them and adjust the cook time as necessary.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
It’s not difficult at all to air fry frozen waffles. If you’d like to see how we do ours, you can follow the recipe process photos below.
First, preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place the frozen waffles on the air fryer tray once it is hot. If your air fryer is smaller and you can’t fit four waffles on the tray/basket, just use however many you can fit in one layer without overlap.
Cook the waffles for 4-5 minutes. Flip them over after 3 minutes. Depending on your preferred level of crispiness, you can cook them slightly longer.
Keep in mind that the cook time might vary a tiny bit depending on the brand that you use.
Remove the waffles from the air fryer and serve them with fresh fruit, maple syrup, or other toppings of your choice.
Since these frozen waffles are best enjoyed warm and fresh, we would not recommend making more than you plan on eating.
What to Serve Air Fryer Frozen Waffles With
When you make frozen waffles in the air fryer, you can top them however you like.
We like them sweet with maple syrup (the good stuff, not the artificial one) and some fresh or frozen berries. You can also add on some whipped cream (or ice cream) if it’s not for breakfast!
Waffles can also be served savory with something like fried chicken and a creamy, garlicky sauce.
For more air fryer breakfast recipes, check out these yummy creations:
- Air Fryer Frozen Toaster Strudels
- Crispy Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer
- Air Fried Frozen Pancakes
- Air Fried French Toast (Homemade)
- Breakfast Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- 4 frozen waffles
- maple syrup and/or fresh fruit for topping
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the frozen waffles from the freezer and place them on the air fryer tray once it is hot. If you can't fit four waffles in your air fryer due to its size, just use however many you can fit in one layer without overlap.
- Cook the waffles for 4-5 minutes total. Flip them over after 3 minutes. Depending on your preferred level of crispiness, you can cook them slightly longer.
- Remove the waffles from the air fryer and serve them with fresh fruit, maple syrup, or other toppings of your choice.
- No oil is required to air fry these frozen waffles - just toss them in and go!
- Cook time for the waffles can vary slightly depending on the brand you use.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 413mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice. The exact values can vary depending on the specific ingredients used.