Can you air fry frozen brussels sprouts? Absolutely! Air fryer frozen brussels sprouts are a quick and easy vegetable side dish that goes with loads of different dinner dishes.
Ready in minutes and with a few simple seasonings, frozen brussels sprouts in the air fryer are just a touch easier to make than raw brussels sprouts in the air fryer!
Before you cook air fryer brussels sprouts from frozen, be sure to read through these few tips:
- You don’t need to thaw the frozen brussels sprouts first. Simply add them to the preheated air fryer from frozen.
- We just added a few simple spices like salt, pepper, and garlic powder. You can tweak the spices however you like – maybe a bit of cayenne pepper for slight kick?
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer as this can keep the brussels sprouts from cooking evenly. We don’t have a problem fitting one pound of brussels sprouts into our 6-quart air fryer. But if yours is significantly smaller, you might have make less or cook them in two batches.
- These frozen brussels sprouts will likely not get as crispy and brown as fresh brussels sprouts because of the excess moisture (due to being frozen). They are still amazing as a quick side dish – just don’t be surprised if they don’t end up that crispy.
- We’ve also made brussels sprouts with bacon in the air fryer – but those were from fresh We don’t recommend putting raw bacon with these frozen brussels sprouts because the moisture is likely to keep the bacon from cooking well/crisping.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
If you’re wondering how to cook frozen brussels sprouts in the air fryer, you can follow the recipe process photos below for the step-by-step instructions!
If you just want to know how long to cook frozen brussels sprouts in the air fryer without visuals, you can skip down to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
First, preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
Meanwhile, add the frozen brussels sprouts, oil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper into a bowl.
Gently toss (or mix with a spoon) until the brussels sprouts are evenly coated in oil and spices.
When the air fryer is hot, add the brussels sprouts into the air fryer tray and shake the basket so that they settle into one even layer.
You don’t want to overcrowd your air fryer – this could result in the brussels sprouts cooking unevenly.
Cook the frozen brussels sprouts at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes until tender and lightly browned.
Shake the air fryer basket approximately every 4 minutes to help with even cooking.
Once the brussels sprouts are done, remove them from the air fryer and serve. Enjoy!
Once you air fry frozen brussels sprouts, you’ll want to eat them hot and fresh. Any leftovers can be stored in a sealed container and placed in the fridge.
We’d recommend eating the leftovers sooner rather than later because the moisture content in them will make them much softer over time!
To reheat, we’d recommend the air fryer since it can draw some of the moisture back out of the brussels sprouts.
If you liked this vegetable side dish, check out these other tasty frozen veggies that you can make in the air fryer!
- Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
- Frozen Butternut Squash in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Beets
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- Frozen Broccoli in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound frozen brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, add the frozen brussels sprouts, oil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper into a bowl and toss until evenly coated.
- When the air fryer is hot, add the brussels sprouts into the air fryer tray and shake the basket so that they settle into one even layer. You don't want to overcrowd your air fryer – this could result in the brussels sprouts cooking unevenly.
- Cook the frozen brussels sprouts at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes until tender and lightly browned. Shake the air fryer basket approximately every 4 minutes to help with even cooking.
- Once the brussels sprouts are done, remove them from the air fryer and serve. Enjoy!
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice.