The exact cook time can vary. Read below for our tips!
If you’re wondering what to do with ripe pears and you have an air fryer, you’re in luck – air fryer pears are a great option so that they don’t go to waste!
Easy to make, this sweet dessert can be topped however you like – the flavor combinations are pretty much endless!
Here’s what you need to make pears in the air fryer:
- Pears – The pears should be ripe. We used Bartlett pears for this recipe.
- Butter – The butter should be melted.
- Maple syrup – To add a bit more sweetness and get a slight caramelization. Can also substitute with honey.
- Ground cinnamon – Tastes great with pears.
- Chopped pecans or walnuts (optional) – To garnish the pears once they are done. This is completely optional.
We learned a lot making these pears – here are some tips that we can pass along!
- The pears should be ripe but not too soft. Pears that are overly mushy will be hard to handle and they will get even more soft in the air fryer. This can make it difficult to move them between the air fryer and the serving dish.
- You don’t have to peel the pears. Just wash them well.
- You can melt the butter in the air fryer if you want. Just add the butter into an oven safe bowl and place it into the air fryer while it is preheating.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
To follow the steps to make air fried pears and see the process photos, you can stay in this section.
This way, you can see just how we made our pears if you get stuck or have questions!
First, wash the pears and carefully dry them. Then cut the pears into quarters and remove the core/seeds.
At this time also preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, place the pears into a medium sized mixing bowl. To the bowl also add the melted butter, maple syrup and ground cinnamon.
Gently toss or mix with a spoon until the pear slices are evenly coated.
When the air fryer is hot, add the pear slices into the air fryer basket. The pears should not overlap so that they can cook evenly.
Air fry the pears at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes total until soft and slightly caramelized on the outside.
Give the air fryer basket a gentle shake halfway through cooking.
When the pears are done, carefully place them on a plate.
You can sprinkle some chopped pecans or walnuts on top and can drizzle with more maple syrup if desired.
These pears also serve well with yogurt or ice cream. Enjoy!
You can store leftover pears in a sealed container in the fridge. They are very soft at this point so be careful when transferring them to another dish or container.
You could reheat them but the pears will likely be very soft at this point. If you want to try, use the air fryer at 280 degrees Fahrenheit for roughly 4 minutes just to get them back to warm.
Alternatively, you can also reheat them in the microwave.
What to Serve Pears With
You can top and serve these air fryer pears with lots of different flavor combinations.
We like to add a few more chopped nuts and drizzle maple syrup. Crushed up graham crackers, granola, or oats would also be an option.
You can also pair the pears with a scoop of ice cream (we’d suggest vanilla), a dollop of whipped cream, or yogurt!
Here are a few answers to frequently asked questions about pears and air fryers!
If you have some pears and you have an air fryer, making air fried pears is a great idea. They turn out hot, sweet, and so juicy – and you can top them however you like!
To soften pears in the air fryer, you can cook the pears for around 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This will make the pears soft but also hot so be careful before serving/eating! This is for ripe pears, pears that are not ripe yet might not soften well in the air fryer.
We used Bartlett Pears since they are sweet and delicious. Any other pear will work too as long as it is ripe but not too ripe.
If you enjoyed these pears, we’ve got lots of other tasty air fryer dessert ideas that make a nice sweet snack or dessert!
- Air Fryer Peaches
- Apple Slices in the Air Fryer
- Air Fried Baked Apples
- Air Fried Apple Turnovers
- Pineapple in the Air Fryer
- Apple Crisp – Air Fryer Style
Air Fryer Pears
- 2 pears, e.g. Bartlett, ripe
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- chopped pecans or walnuts, to garnish (optional)
- Wash the pears and carefully dry them. Then cut the pears into quarters (lengthwise) and remove the core/seeds.2 pears
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pears into a bowl. Now add the melted butter, maple syrup and ground cinnamon. Gently toss the pears in the butter and spices until evenly coated.1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- When the air fryer is hot, add the pear slices into the air fryer basket. The pears should not overlap so that they can cook evenly.
- Air fry the pears at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes total until soft and slightly caramelized on the outside. Give the air fryer basket a gentle shake halfway through cooking.
- When the pears are done, carefully place them on a plate. You can sprinkle some chopped pecans or walnuts on top and can drizzle them with more maple syrup if desired. These pears also serve well with yogurt or ice cream. Enjoy!chopped pecans or walnuts
- Use pears that are ripe but not mushy.
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice.