Red potatoes in the air fryer are an easy-to-make potato side dish that is sure to please!
Popping with red color, these potatoes turn out wonderfully crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and are lightly seasoned with spices and just a little bit of oil!
To make these air fryer red potatoes, here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Red potatoes – You’ll need 1 pound which is approximately 3 medium-sized potatoes.
- Avocado oil – So that the potatoes get crispy. You can also use canola oil, sunflower oil or vegetable oil.
- Salt – To make the flavors pop. Add more or less to taste.
- Garlic powder – For more flavor, add more or less depending on personal preference.
- Italian seasoning – For a pop of color and flavor. Alternatively use fine herb seasoning blend or a mix of dried rosemary, oregano and thyme.
- Black pepper – To add more depth to the flavors and a tiny bit of spce.
Before you go ahead and air fry red potatoes, read through these recipe tips so you achieve best results:
- Instead of large potatoes you can also use baby red potatoes. The only thing that changes is that you don’t have to cut them as much (cutting them into half is usually sufficient).
- You don’t need to peel the potatoes first (but can if you wish). Just wash them really well.
- Do your best to cut the potato pieces to roughly the same size. This will help them cook and crisp evenly as oppose to some potatoes being done quickly while other pieces are still raw on the inside.
- You can change up the spice mix – we like Italian seasoning for a hint of green color and flavor but you can also add paprika to these potatoes for a slightly different flavor.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
Here is how to make roasted red potatoes in the air fryer with step-by-step process photos. You can follow along to see exactly how we made our potatoes.
If you feel like you don’t need the recipe photos, you can scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Start by washing and then drying the red potatoes. Next, cut the potatoes into roughly 1-inch thick cubes.
If are using baby red potatoes, simply cut them into halves or quarters (if they are on the larger side).
At this time also preheat the air fryer to 385 degrees Fahrenheit so you don’t have to wait for it to heat later.
Next, add the potatoes into a mixing bowl and add in the oil, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and black pepper.
Toss everything until the potatoes are evenly coated in oil and spices.
Now, add the seasoned raw potatoes into the preheated air fryer, and shake the basket gently to help the potatoes settle into an even layer.
Air fry the red potatoes at 385 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes total until tender and slightly crispy.
During cooking, shake the air fryer basket every 5 minutes to that the red potatoes can cook and crisp evenly.
Since every air fryer is different, your exact cooking time can vary.
Once air roasted to perfection, remove the red potatoes from the air fryer and place them in a serving bowl. Enjoy!
Any leftover air fried red potatoes will keep for around 3-4 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
However, they get softer over time due to the moisture. That’s why we’d recommend eating them sooner rather than later.
You can reheat red potatoes in the air fryer. Simply set the air fryer to around 300 degrees Fahrenheit and heat the potatoes for a few minutes until hot once again.
If you want them crispier, you can reheat them at a slightly higher temperature. However, keep a close eye on them since you don’t want to accidentally burn them.
What to Serve Red Potatoes With
Air fryer potatoes with red skin make a colorful and hearty side dish to lots of great dinner option:
- We like these potatoes with a classic turkey breast, chicken breast, or pork chop.
- If you want other vegetables to pair with these potatoes, carrots work well, as do cauliflower.
- You can also just enjoy these potatoes with something to dip them in like spicy patatas bravas sauce – or even hummus or roasted garlic for spreading!
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about making red potatoes in the air fryer:
To cook red potatoes in the air fryer, cut the red potatoes into 1-inch thick cubes and toss in oil and seasonings. Place the potatoes into the air fryer at 385 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12-15 minutes until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Shake basket regularly. Test doneness with a fork. When done, serve and enjoy!
With the red potatoes cut into 1-inch thick pieces, air fryer them for 12-15 minutes at 385 degrees Fahrenheit. Your cooking time may vary – and be sure to shake the air fryer basket every few minutes to hep with even cooking.
For more awesome ways to air fry potatoes, have a look at these other spud-tastic creations:
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Easy Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Fingerling Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Delicous Breakfast Potatoes
- Homemade Air Fryer Fries
Air Fryer Red Potatoes
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- First, wash, dry, and cut the potatoes into roughly 1-inch thick cubes. If you have baby red potatoes, simply cut them into halves or quarters if they are on the bigger side.1 pound red potatoes
- Preheat the air fryer to 385 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, add the potatoes to a mixing bowl and add in the oil, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Toss everything until the potatoes are evenly coated in oil and spices.1 tablespoon avocado oil, 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Now, add the seasoned raw potatoes into the preheated air fryer, and shake the basket gently to help the potatoes settle into an even layer.
- Air fry the red potatoes at 385 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes total until tender and slightly crispy. Shake the air fryer basket every 5 minutes to help with even cooking and crisping. Since every air fryer is different, your exact cooking time can vary.
- Once air roasted to perfection, remove the red potatoes from the air fryer and place them in a serving bowl. Enjoy!
- You don’t need to peel the potatoes first but you can if you wish.
- Make sure to cut the potatoes into pieces that are the same size. You don’t want some pieces of potato to be done already while others are still raw.
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice.