If you’re looking for a quick and easy chicken meal, frozen chicken patties in the air fryer are a good option!
Ready in just minutes and so easy to make, these patties are crispy on the outside and hot and tender on the inside.
Air fryer frozen chicken patties can be enjoyed on their own with a dipping sauce – or put on a toasted bun with lettuce and mayo for that classic sandwich taste!
Before you make frozen chicken patties in the air fryer, read through these recipe tips so that you know what to expect!
- There are lots of different brands of frozen chicken patties you can buy. If you’re in the US, you might be familiar with Tyson whereas in Canada, Janes is a popular brand. The exact cooking times can vary a bit depending on the brand you buy and your air fryer, but they will all be quite similar.
- You don’t have to defrost the chicken patties first. Just place the frozen patties into the preheated air fryer. This is similar to how frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer are made.
- We do not spray our chicken patties with any extra oil – they crisp up really nicely right out of the box.
- Most chicken patties come pre-cooked (and therefore only have to be heated through) but be sure to read which kind you have and adjust cooking time accordingly if you have raw frozen chicken patties.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
For the instructions with visuals and answers to questions like how long to cook frozen chicken patties in air fryer, have a look at this section.
This way, you can see how we make our frozen chicken patties.
For the recipe card without visuals, skip to the bottom of this post.
First, preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once it’s hot, add the frozen chicken patties.
Cook the patties for 10-12 minutes total until fully heated through and slightly crispy on the outside.
Flip the patties halfway through the cooking time to ensure even cooking and crisping.
The cooking time can vary slightly depending on your air fryer and the brand of frozen chicken patties used.
When the chicken patties are done, remove them but keep the air fryer on.
Optional: Open the buns and place them into the air fryer. Cook them for 2-3 minutes until toasted.
Once the buns are toasted, remove them from the air fryer and assemble your chicken burger with lettuce and mayonnaise (optional). Enjoy!
You can store leftover air-fried chicken patties in a sealed container in the fridge.
Properly stored, they’ll last for 1-2 days – but eat them sooner rather than later because the breading might get soft over time due to moisture.
To reheat the chicken patties, we’d recommend tossing them back in the air fryer to crisp them up again but the microwave will also work.
For more yummy air fryer chicken recipes, check out these tasty options:
- Frozen Chicken Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Frozen Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
- 2 frozen chicken patties
- 2 buns (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- condiments of your choice
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once it's hot, add the frozen chicken patties.
- Cook the patties for 10-12 minutes total until fully heated through and slightly crispy on the outside. Flip the patties halfway through the cooking time to ensure even cooking and crisping. The cooking time can vary slightly depending on your air fryer and the brand of frozen chicken patties used.
- When the chicken patties are done, remove them but keep the air fryer on. Open the buns and place them into the air fryer. Cook them for 2-3 minutes until toasted (optional).
- Once the buns are toasted, remove them from the air fryer and assemble your chicken burger with lettuce and mayonnaise (optional). Enjoy!
- Of course, you don't have to use the frozen chicken patties for a burger/sandwich and can just enjoy the chicken patties on their own.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 606mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice. The exact values can vary depending on the specific ingredients used.