The exact cook time can vary. Read below for our tips!
Craving burgers? Honestly, who isn’t. Luckily, frozen hamburgers in the air fryer are a great way to satisfy your burger desires without a need for the barbecue.
Ready in just a few minutes, it’s easy to air fry frozen burgers and then dress them just the way you like them!
They are even easier to make than our homemade beef burgers in the air fryer (but both versions are tasty!).
Before you go and make these frozen burgers in the air fryer, read through these recipe tips so that you achieve best results!
- Make sure to start with a clean air fryer since the burgers can be quite greasy when being cooked and you want to reduce the risk of smoke developing in your air fryer.
- You can cook these burgers right form frozen. There is no need to thaw them beforehand.
- How long you cook these beef patties will depend on your desired level of doneness, the thickness of the patty you have, and your air fryer. You want your burger safely cooked – so make sure the burger reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You can also toast your buns if you so choose – just pop them into the air fryer after the frozen burgers are done for just a minute or two!
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
If you want to see just how we made our frozen hamburger patties in the air fryer, you can have a look at the photos in this section.
Otherwise, head down to the recipe card for the cooking time, temperature, and other consideration you’ll need to know when cooking!
First, preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
When the air fryer is hot, add the frozen hamburger patties in one layer. You don’t want there to be any overlap as this can prevent the burgers from cooking evenly.
If your air fryer is too small to fit 4 frozen burger patties, you can always cook them in two batches or just make less.
Air fry the burgers at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for a total of 10-12 minutes until they are fully cooked.
Flip the patties halfway through the cooking time – at around the 6 minute mark.
Remember that the internal temperature of the burger patties should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
The exact cooking time can vary based on the thickness of the burger patties, your preferred level of doneness and your air fryer – some air fryers cook a little bit hotter than others.
When the burger patties are done, remove them from the air fryer.
Optional: If you want to toast the buns, don’t turn the air fryer off yet. Instead, place the burger buns into the air fryer and air fry them for a minute or two until they are slightly toasted.
Now you can assemble your burger however you like or just eat the patties as is. We like our burgers with lettuce, tomato, pickle, red onion, ketchup and mustard and a side of fries.
If you have any hamburger patties left over, you can place then in a sealed container and store them in the fridge. Consume them within 3 days – but ideally eat them sooner rather than later.
To reheat these cooked burgers, you can air fry them on a lower temperature for just a few minutes until heated through.
You can also use the microwave if you are in a rush, but we personally prefer the taste when they are reheated in the air fryer.
What to Serve Hamburgers With
If you’re trying to decide on what to serve with an air fryer frozen burger, you’ve certainly got options.
You might also hop off the potato train and opt for something else like crispy onion rings from frozen or a simple salad.
If you liked these frozen beef burgers, here are a few more burger-type recipes that you might enjoy:
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Patties
- Veggie Burgers in the Air Fryer (from Frozen)
- Air Fried Frozen Turkey Burgers
Frozen Hamburgers in Air Fryer
- 4 frozen hamburger patties
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the air fryer is hot, add the frozen hamburger patties into the air fryer. Be sure that there is no overlap so that they can cook evenly. If you can't fit 4 frozen patties into your air fryer, make less.
- Air fry the burgers at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for a total of 10-12 minutes until fully cooked. Flip the patties with a flipper halfway through the cooking time (at around 6 minutes). Once cooked, the internal temperature should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit. The exact cooking time can vary depending on your air fryer, the thickness of the burger patties, and your preferred level of doneness.
- When cooked, remove the patties from the air fryer. If you want, you can toast the burger buns in the air fryer for a minute or two before turning it of. Just keep an eye on them since they can toast quickly!
- Assemble your burger with your choice of condiments or just eat the patties as is. Enjoy!
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice.