For an easy vegetable side dish that is sure to please, check out these air fryer bell peppers.
Bell peppers in the air fryer go with lots of different dishes – from meats and potatoes to salads and much more. This makes these peppers a colorful and versatile dish, too!
Before you tackle this recipe for air fried bell peppers, read through these recipe tips. This way, you’ll know just what to expect and have some additional questions answered!
- You can choose any color of bell pepper you enjoy – the cooking time will be similar. Just keep in mind that green bell peppers typically have a slightly bitter taste.
- When you cut the bell peppers into strips, be sure to make them all roughly the same size/thickness. This will allow the peppers to cook evenly.
- We stuck to a very simple seasoning blend for these peppers since they have a delicious flavor already. You can add or subtract whatever spices you like to suit your tastes.
- When air frying the peppers, make sure to shake the air fryer basket regularly so that they can cook evenly. You don’t want to burn some pieces while others are not yet soft.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Roasting peppers in the air fryer is actually super easy. Check out these detailed recipe steps and photos to follow along with exactly how we made them.
If you’re anxious to get started, you can also find the recipe card at the bottom of this post with the relevant information like the cooking time and temperature.
First, wash and dry the bell peppers. Then cut them into half or quarters and remove the inner core and seeds.
Now cut the peppers into slices, roughly 1/2 inch thick (this thickness doesn’t have to be exact – but cut them all roughly the same size).
At this time also preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
While you wait for the air fryer to preheat, add the bell peppers, oil, garlic powder (optional), salt and black pepper into a mixing bowl.
Toss or mix with tongs until the bell pepper slices are evenly coated in oil and spices.
When the air fryer is hot, add the raw, seasoned bell peppers. Give the air fryer basket a gentle shake so that they are all in one even layer.
Air fry the bell peppers at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-13 minutes total until soft and slightly browned. Shake the air fryer basket every 4 minutes to help with even cooking.
The exact cooking time can vary depending on the air fryer, the thickness of the pepper slices and your personal preferences.
When the bell peppers are done, remove them from the air fryer and place them into a serving bowl. Enjoy!
You can store leftover bell peppers in a sealed container in the fridge. They might soften a bit more in the fridge because these peppers still have quite a bit of moisture in them. Eat them within 4 to 5 days.
To reheat them, we’d recommend using the air fryer as opposed to the microwave as this would make them more soggy.
A frying pan with a little bit of oil would also work though – it’s up to you. Just keep an eye on them to make sure the slices don’t burn!
These air fryer peppers are awesome on their own – but you can even jazz them up with a few other things (meats or veggies) to take your flavor train into the station!
- Air Fried Kielbasa and Peppers
- Italian Sausage and Peppers in the Air fryer
- Brats and Peppers in the Air Fryer
- Air Roasted Peppers and Onions
Air Fryer Bell Peppers
- 3 bell peppers, any color
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and dry the peppers. Cut them into half or quarters, then remove the inner core and seeds. Then cut the peppers into slices, roughly 1/2 inch thick (this thickness doesn't have to be exact – but cut them all roughly the same size).3 bell peppers
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, add the bell peppers, oil, garlic powder (optional), salt and black pepper into a mixing bowl. Toss everything until evenly coated.2 teaspoons avocado oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- When the air fryer is hot, add in the raw, seasoned bell peppers. Give the air fryer basket a quick shake so that they are all in one even layer.
- Air fry the bell peppers at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-13 minutes total until soft and slightly browned. Shake the air fryer basket every 4 minutes to help with even cooking. The exact cooking time can vary depending on the air fryer, the thickness of the pepper slices and your personal preferences.
- When done cooking, remove the bell peppers from the air fryer and place them into a serving bowl. Enjoy!
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice.