Looking for a tasty, meaty dinner combination with not too much prep? Air fryer kielbasa and peppers might be the recipe for you!
It’s ready in just minutes- all you have to do is cut, toss in spices, and air fry these ingredients to be on the way to flavor town!
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
If you want to make air fryer kielbasa, peppers, and onions (optional), be sure to read through these recipe tips so that you know just what to expect:
- You can choose any color of pepper that you like. Just make sure to cut them into even pieces.
- If you like onion, you can add some. Cut the onion into rings, but don’t cut them too thin as otherwise they might burn in the air fryer.
- You can change the spices to suit your personal preference. We like keeping it simple with some garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper but you could also add some cayenne pepper if you want a little spice.
- You can add all the ingredients to the air fryer at the same time. However, keep an eye on them while they are cooking.
- You might also be interested in making just kielbasa in the air fryer. It’s really tasty.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
There are just a few easy steps to making kielbasa and peppers in the air fryer. If you like visuals, you can follow the step-by-step recipe photos in this section to see just how we made ours.
If you’re feeling confident and just want to get cooking, you can find the details without visuals in the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
First, gather your ingredients. You’ll need kielbasa, two bell peppers, one onion (yellow or red), avocado oil, garlic powder, paprika and black pepper.
Wash the bell peppers and dry them. Then cut them into thin strips. Try to cut them evenly so that they will be done cooking at roughly the same time.
Next, peel the onion and cut it into into rings. Once again, try cutting it evenly (not like we did in the photo above) as otherwise some rings might get too dark during cooking.
If you don’t like onion, you can total skip it – it’s really up to you.
Moving on to the kielbasa, remove the skin if required. Then cut the kielbasa into slices between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick. If the pieces are quite big, you can cut them in half (see photo above).
At this time also preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
Now add the chopped bell peppers, onion and kielbasa to a large bowl. To the bowl also add the oil, garlic powder, paprika and black pepper.
Toss/mix everything until the oil and spices are evenly distributed.
When the air fryer is preheated, add everything into the air fryer basket. Shake the contents so that they are evenly distributed.
There will be some overlap, but that’s okay since our goal is not to get everything super crispy anyway.
However, there should still be some room in the air fryer (you don’t want it to be filled right to the top) – in that case, we’d recommend cooking it in two batches.
Air fry the kielbasa and peppers at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 12-15 minutes total until the kielbasa is slightly crispy and the peppers and onions are cooked.
Shake the air fryer basket approximately every 4 minutes so that everything cooks evenly.
Keep in mind that the exact cooking time can vary by air fryer (some cook hotter than others) and your personal preferences.
When everything is done, place the kielbasa and peppers in a bowl and serve. Enjoy!
If you have some leftovers, put them in a sealed container and store them in the fridge. Consume them within 3 days but keep in mind that the bell peppers might get softer over time.
To reheat, we’d recommend using the air fryer on a lower temperature (around 280 degrees Fahrenheit usually works well). You can also reheat them in the microwave but this can make the bell peppers even softer.
If you like this easy idea for an air fryer dinner, check out these other tasty combinations to see what you like!
- Air Fryer Sausage and Potatoes
- Air Fryer Kielbasa and Pierogies
- Air Fried Brats and Peppers
- Italian Sausage and Peppers in the Air Fryer
- Air Fried Ham and Potatoes
Air Fryer Kielbasa and Peppers
- 13 ounces Kielbasa, cooked
- 2 bell peppers, any color, medium-sized
- 1 onion, optional
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- Wash the bell peppers, then cut them into thin strips. Also, cut the onion into thin rings (optional).2 bell peppers, 1 onion
- Remove the "skin" from the kielbasa if necessary. Then cut the kielbasa into slices between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick. If the kielbasa is quite large in diameter, you can cut the slices into half to create semi-circles pieces.13 ounces Kielbasa
- At this time, preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all the ingredients together into a bowl. Then add the oil, garlic powder, paprika and black pepper. Toss/mix everything until the oil and spices are evenly distributed.1 teaspoon avocado oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- When the air fryer is hot, add everything into the air fryer basket. Shake the contents so that they are evenly distributed. Air fry at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 12-15 minutes total until the kielbasa is slightly crispy and the peppers and onions are cooked. Shake the air fryer basket every 4 minutes for even cooking. Exact cooking time can change by air fryer and your personal preferences.
- When done cooking, remove the kielbasa and peppers from the air fryer, place in bowls, and enjoy!
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice.