Air fryer ham and potatoes are a delicious combo dish. Perfectly seasoned potatoes mix with roasted, salty ham to form a tasty flavor combination.
The nice thing about this recipe is that everything is cooked together which saves time and makes it so easy. You can even add some onion for a little extra razzle dazzle!
To make this recipe for air fryer ham and potatoes, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Ham – You’ll cut it into cubes.
- Potatoes – Russet or red potatoes work really well, but you could also use white potatoes or yukon gold potatoes if you have them on hand.
- Onion – We use a medium-sized yellow onion, but you could also use a red onion of preferred or skip it completely.
- Avocado oil – A bit of oil so that the potatoes can get crispy.
- Garlic powder – For some extra flavor.
- Salt – Add more or less to taste but keep in mind that ham is often quite salty already.
- Black pepper – To add flavor.
Before you go and make this tasty ham and potato combo in the air fryer, have a read through these recipe tips so you know what we know!
- We don’t usually peel the potatoes, but you can if you wish.
- Try to cut the potatoes and the ham to roughly the same size (the ham will shrink up a little bit during cooking, don’t worry). This way they will be done at the same time. Don’t cut the potato cubes much larger than the ham.
- The onion is optional but we find it adds a little more dimension to the dish.
- If you want to make more than the amount mentioned in the recipe card below, we would recommend cooking in batches. Overcrowding the air fryer can result in the potatoes and ham needing longer until tender and browned – or they might not brown at all.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
Here is how to make ham and potatoes in the air fryer. You can stay in this section to see all the recipe process photos if you want to follow along with how we made ours.
Otherwise, the recipe card with just the recipe steps is located at the bottom of this post.
First, wash and dry the potatoes. You don’t need to peel them but you can if you wish.
Then cut the potatoes into cubes roughly 3/4 inch thick. Make sure they are all roughly the same size.
Now, cut the ham into thick slices, then into cubes – roughly 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. These cubes will shrink slightly during cooking.
If you want to add the onion for some extra flavor, peel the onion and cut it in half. Then cut the halves into slices roughly 1/4 inch thick. You should end up with semi-circle shaped slices of onion.
At this time also preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
While you wait for the air fryer to preheat, add the potatoes, ham, onion, oil, garlic powder, salt and black pepper to a mixing bowl.
Gently toss until the potatoes, ham and onions are evenly coated in oil and spices.
When the air fryer is preheated, add the seasoned ham and potatoes to the air fryer basket.
Then give the basket a gentle shake so that everything is distributed in an even layer.
Air fry the ham and potato combination at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes total until the potatoes are tender and both the ham and potatoes are slightly browned.
Shake the air fryer basket every 5 minutes to help with even cooking.
Keep in mind that every air fryer cooks slightly differently and that the exact cooking time can vary. If you want your potatoes and/or ham to be crispier, you can cook them for an extra few minutes.
When done, remove the air roasted ham and potatoes from the air fryer and place them in a serving dish. Enjoy!
With any leftover ham and potatoes, store them in a sealed container in the fridge. Properly stored, they will last in the fridge for around 3-5 days.
However since the fridge can soften the potatoes noticeably, we would recommend eating the leftovers sooner rather than later.
You can reheat the ham and potatoes in the air fryer if you want to draw some of that moisture back out. Just don’t overcook them as this might dry out the ham.
What to Serve Ham and Potatoes With
You can eat this combo dish as is or serve it with different sides – depending on which meal you’re eating:
- If this is a breakfast dish of ham and potatoes, pair it with sweet waffles or even frozen pancakes for a hint of sweetness since the ham can be salty.
- If this dish is meant for dinner, a nice side of veggies like green beans, carrots, or Brussels sprouts should do the trick!
If you enjoyed this tasty combination dish, here are some other combos that you can make in the air fryer – with a little bit of meat and a little bit of veggie in each!
- Air Fried Chicken Breast and Potatoes
- Air Fryer Brats and Peppers
- Sausage and Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Pierogies and Kielbasa in the Air Fryer
- Kielbasa and Peppers Air Fried
Air Fryer Ham and Potatoes
- 12 ounces ham
- 1 pound potatoes, e.g. russet or red potatoes
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, optional
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- First, wash and dry the potatoes. You don't need to peel them but can if you wish. Then cut the potatoes into cubes roughly 3/4 inch thick.1 pound potatoes
- Now, cut the ham into thick slices, then into cubes – roughly 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick (these cubes will shrink slightly during cooking).12 ounces ham
- If you're including a little bit of onion, peel the onion and cut it in half. Then cut the halves into slices roughly 1/4 inch thick. You should end up with semi-circle shaped slices of onion.1 medium-sized yellow onion
- Now, preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, add the potatoes, ham, onion, oil, garlic powder, salt and black pepper into a mixing bowl. Toss until the ham, potatoes and onions are evenly coated in oil and spices.1 tablespoon avocado oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- When the air fryer is preheated, add the seasoned ham and potatoes into the air fryer basket – then give the basket a shake so that everything is distributed in an even layer.
- Air fry the ham and potatoes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes total until the potatoes are tender and both the ham and potatoes are slightly browned. Shake the air fryer gently basket every 5 minutes to help with even cooking. The exact cooking time can vary depending on your air fryer and personal preference.
- When done, remove the air roasted ham and potatoes from the air fryer and place them in a serving dish. Enjoy!
- Make sure to cut the potatoes and ham cubes into roughly the same sizes. You don’t want some pieces of potato to still be raw while others are already cooked.
- The onion is optional but it adds more flavor.
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice.