Making air fryer frozen chicken nuggets is a breeze. When you make them in the air fryer, you can have a delicious crispy snack in no time at all!
Air fried frozen chicken nuggets are great with a side of fries – and don’t forget your favorite dipping sauce!
Air fryer frozen nuggets are pretty simple to make but have a read through these recipe tips for best results:
- You don’t need to spray or coat the frozen nuggets in oil before air frying them. However, you can lightly spray them with some avocado oil if you want to add some extra crispiness.
- Since every air fryer is different and there are so many different brands of chicken nuggets, keep an eye on your frozen nuggets when making them for the first time. Our time is a guideline – your nuggets might be done faster or slower.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
This recipe is very easy. However, if you’d like to see visuals for how to make frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer, you can have a look at this section.
If you’re ready to get air frying, skip below to the recipe card.
First, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
When the air fryer is hot, add the frozen nuggets in one even layer. If you can’t fit that many pieces in one layer into your air fryer, cook them in two batches.
Cook the chicken for a total of 10-11 minutes.
Cook the chicken nuggets for 5 minutes, flip them, and then air fry them for another 5-6 minutes until crispy (for a total cooking time of 10-11 minutes). We recommend using silicone tongs for flipping so you don’t scratch your air fryer.
This cooking time can vary by chicken nuggets brand and air fryer so adjust your cooking time as necessary.
Remove the chicken nuggets from the air fryer and serve them hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Once cooked, chicken nuggets should be eaten hot and fresh.
Try not to plan for leftovers since these kinds of greasy finger foods can get tough or soggy when they cool off and are definitely not as good as hot from the air fryer!
What to Serve Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets With
Frozen chicken nuggets make a great snack (for watching the big game with, maybe?) or they can be part of a larger easy meal.
We like to eat chicken nuggets with a dipping sauce – BBQ is popular, some people like ketchup, but we (only Eric, really) are big fans of plum sauce.
You can serve nuggets with frozen fries or even freshly made French fries – of course, in the air fryer!
For more air fryer chicken recipes (from frozen), check out these tasty creations:
- Air Fryer Frozen Popcorn Chicken
- Frozen Chicken Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fried Chicken Patties (from Frozen)
- Air Fryer Chicken Strips from Frozen
- Chicken Dino Nuggets in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- 10 pieces of frozen chicken nuggets
- your preferred dipping sauce
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the air fryer is hot, add the frozen nuggets in one even layer. If you can’t fit that many pieces in one layer into your air fryer, cook them in two batches.
- Cook the chicken nuggets for 5 minutes, flip them, and then air fry them for another 5-6 minutes until crispy (for a total cooking time of 10-11 minutes). This cooking time can vary by chicken nuggets brand and air fryer so adjust your cooking time as necessary.
- Remove the chicken nuggets from the air fryer and serve them hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
- There’s no need to add oil to the chicken nuggets beforehand, but you can spray them with a little bit of avocado oil for extra crispiness if desired.
- You don’t have to defrost the nuggets first, just place them into the air fryer from frozen.
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice.