The exact cook time can vary. Read below for our tips!
Want to make a different type of “chip”? Air fryer pepperoni chips are a great idea!
So easy to make and ready in just a few minutes, these Keto-friendly chips are meaty, crispy, and perfect for dipping and snacking!
To make pepperoni chips in the air fryer, you just need one ingredient – uncooked pepperoni slices.
You don’t need any oil or spices since the pepperoni is typically quite flavorful already and will loose some of its fat during air frying.
If you want to make these air fryer pepperoni chips, read through these tips full of things that we learned when trying it:
- Don’t overlap the pepperoni slices in the air fryer – otherwise they might cook unevenly.
- Our biggest tip is to definitely keep an eye on the chips. The edges can get crispy quickly and that crispy turns to burnt faster than you’d think.
- Don’t skip the step where you place the cooked chips on a paper towel – this helps to absorb some of the excess grease
- The chips will get more crispy as they cool. So don’t worry if they are not super crispy when taking them out of the air fryer.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
To air fry pepperoni slices just like we did, you can follow the recipe instructions in this section (complete with recipe process photos).
For the recipe card with the cooking time and temperature, scroll to the end of the post!
If your air fryer preheats automatically like ours does, preheat it to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. You don’t have to preheat it though.
Now place as many slices of pepperoni as you can fit in your air fryer without overlap – in our case that’s usually around 23 slices.
Don’t overlap the pepperoni slices as this can keep them from cooking and crisping evenly!
Air fry the pepperoni at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes (without preheating, you might have to add on an extra minute) until crispy.
There’s no need to flip them since they usually are quite thin. Keep a close eye on them as the outside edges can start to burn quickly.
When done in the air fryer, remove them from the tray and place the chips on a plate lined with paper towel.
Some slices might need an extra few seconds in the air fryer. The pepperoni chips will crisp up more as they cool.
Once cooled, enjoy them on their own or serve them with a dip such as ranch (for the creaminess).
If you have leftover chips, they do store fine overnight in a sealed container in the fridge.
You can reheat these pepperoni chips in the air fryer but only for a quick minute (and keep an eye on them so as to not overcook them).
They might lose some of their crisp from the day before but they still taste really good.
If you liked these pepperoni chips, you might want to try out these other awesome chip recipes that you can make in the air fryer:
- Air Fryer Banana Chips
- Homemade Air Fried Tortilla Chips
- Classic Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Pita Chips in the Air Fryer
- Air Fried Zucchini Chips
Air Fryer Pepperoni Chips
- 20-30 slices pepperoni, uncooked
- If your air fryer preheats automatically, preheat it to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. You don't have to preheat though.
- Place as many slices of pepperoni as you can fit in your air fryer without overlap (in our case that's usually around 23 slices).
- Air fry the pepperoni at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes (without preheating, you might have to add on an extra minute) until crispy. There's no need to flip them. Keep a close eye on them as the outside edges can start to burn quickly.
- When done in the air fryer, remove them from the tray and place the chips on a plate lined with paper towel. Some slices might need an extra few seconds in the air fryer. The pepperoni chips will crisp up more as they cool.
- Once cooled, enjoy them on their own or serve them with a dip such as ranch (for the creaminess).
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice.