The exact cook time can vary. Read below for our tips!
Searching for a delicious dinner dish that works as a side or as the main? Air fryer carrots and potatoes fit the bill!
Super easy to make and spiced just the way you like them, these carrots and potatoes are filling and mouthwatering!
Before making potatoes and carrots in the air fryer, be sure to read through these few tips and suggestions so that you know exactly what to expect from this recipe!
- We used PEI potatoes (they are delicious!), but you can use pretty much any type of potato you like – russet potatoes, fingerling potatoes, white potatoes or yukon gold potatoes all work.
- You can spice the carrots and potatoes however you like. We usually like to keep things simply with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper but you could also add some rosemary, smoked paprika or cayenne pepper for a bit of spiciness.
- It’s important to cut the carrots and potato chunks into roughly the same size (thickness-wise). This will help everything roast evenly and be finished at the same time. There’s nothing worse than having carrots that are overdone and potatoes that are still hard in the middle!
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
Below are the step by step instructions for how we made these air fryer potatoes and carrots.
You can follow the recipe process photos incase you have any questions and want to see just how we did them!
For the complete recipe without visuals you can check recipe card at the bottom of this post!
First, wash the potatoes and carrots well and dry them. You don’t need to peel them (we usually don’t) but you can if you prefer.
Cut the potatoes into roughly 1-inch sized cubes. This works well by first cutting the potatoes into 1-inch slices lengthwise, then cutting these slices into smaller pieces.
Next, also cut the carrots into pieces, roughly 3/4 to 1-inch thick. If the carrots you are using are very large, you can cut the carrot in half lengthwise first.
For carrots on the thinner side this step is not required though – in fact we wouldn’t recommend it as otherwise they might be done cooking too quickly compared to the potatoes.
When you’re doing cutting the carrots and potatoes, preheat your air fryer to 384 degrees Fahrenheit.
While you wait for the air fryer to preheat, place the cut carrots and potatoes into a bowl.
Add in the oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
Toss or stir everything until it’s all evenly coated.
When the air fryer is preheated, add in the carrots and potatoes. Gently shake the air fryer basket so that the veggies are in one even layer – there shouldn’t be much overlap-
Air fry the potatoes and carrots at 385 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-17 minutes total until everything is cooked and slightly crispy on the outside. You can test the tenderness with a fork.
Shake the air fryer basket every 5 minutes during cooking to make sure that the potatoes and carrots cook evenly.
When done, remove the roasted carrots and potatoes and serve. Enjoy!
Carrots and potatoes cooked the air fryer store really well if you have any remaining after the meal.
You can place the into a sealed container and keep them in the fridge. You should eat them within 3-4 days – but the fresher the better since they can get softer over time.
We’d recommend reheating these veggies in the air fryer to so they can get slightly crispy again.
Alternatively, if you don’t mind them being soft, you can also reheat them in the microwave.
What to Serve Carrots and Potatoes With
This dish can be eaten as the main part of dinner because it’s filling and the sweetness of the carrots pairs well with the potatoes.
- If you want to make it a dinner side dish, you could serve these veggies with a meat like pork chops, some chicken breast, chicken thighs, or even a nice roasted turkey breast.
- If you were eating these carrots and potatoes as the main dish, you might consider a dip or sauce like gravy or something spicy like a smoky patatas bravas sauce!
Fore more great air fryer dinner recipes that work as awesome combinations, have a look at these other tasty ideas!
- Air Fried Italian Sausage and Peppers
- Cabbage and Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Peppers and Onions Air Fried
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes
Air Fryer Carrots and Potatoes
- 1 pound potatoes, e.g. russet, white or yukon gold
- 1/2 pound carrots
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash the potatoes and carrots, then pat them dry. There's no need to peel them but you can, if you wish.1 pound potatoes, 1/2 pound carrots
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch sized cubes and the carrots into thick slices (approximately 3/4 to 1 inch thick). If the carrots are very thick, you can also cut them in half first (don't do this if your carrots are on the thinner side).
- At this time, preheat the air fryer to 385 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the cut carrots and potatoes into a bowl. Add in the oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Toss or stir everything until it's all evenly coated.1 tablespoon avocado oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- When the air fryer is preheated, add in the carrots and potatoes. Shake the air fryer basket so that the veggies are in one even layer.
- Air fry the potatoes and carrots at 385 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-17 minutes total until everything is cooked and slightly crispy on the outside. Test the tenderness with a fork. Shake the air fryer basket every 5 minutes to help with even cooking. The exact cooking time can vary slightly by air fryer.
- When done, remove the roasted carrots and potatoes and serve. Enjoy!
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice.