The exact cook time can vary. Read below for our tips!
Searching for a delicious vegetable combination that can be done easily in the air fryer? Air fryer Brussels sprouts and potatoes is a great option!
Tossed in a few simple spices and a bit of oil, this vegetable blend is a colorful side dish and has flavors that complement one another beautifully!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make Brussels sprouts and potatoes together in the air fryer:
- Potatoes – We use red potatoes, but russet potatoes, white potatoes or yukon gold potatoes also work well.
- Brussels sprouts – You’ll need one pound of brussels sprouts.
- Red onion – This is optional; can also use a yellow onion if preferred.
- Avocado oil – To help the potatoes and brussels sprouts crisp and the spices to stick to the vegetables.
- Garlic powder – To add flavor – feel free to skip if you don’t like garlic.
- Salt – To add flavor, add more or less to taste.
- Black pepper – For flavor and a little bit of spice.
Before you make brussels sprouts and potatoes in the air fryer, have a look at these recipe tips so that you know what to expect:
- Be sure to cut the potatoes and Brussels sprouts to roughly the same size. This will help them cook evenly and finish at the same time.
- The red onion is totally optional but we like it because it adds a pop of color and flavor to the dish!
- Keep a close eye on the brussels sprouts towards the end since some of the outer leaves can get quite dark and crispy.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
If you’re wondering how to make brussels sprouts and potatoes in the air fryer, you can stay in this section for the steps and the recipe process photos.
The process photos are handy in case you want to refer to exactly how we made our dish.
Otherwise, you can find the recipe card without photos at the bottom of this post!
Start by washing the potatoes and the brussels sprouts, then dry them well.
Now cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch sized cubes and add them to a bowl.
Remove the bottom stems of the brussels sprouts and cut them in half – also remove any overly loose/wilted/discolored leaves.
Peel a small red onion and cut the onion into half. Then cut it into half again (optional) and cut it into slices of even thickness.
At this time preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add all the vegetables into a mixing bowl. Now also add the avocado oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Toss everything until the vegetables are evenly coated in oil and spices.
Once hot, add the vegetable-oil-spice mixture into the preheated air fryer.
Gently shake the air fryer basket to evenly distribute the veggies in the air fryer.
Air fry the brussels sprouts and potatoes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for roughly 13-15 minutes total until soft and slightly browned.
Shake the air fryer basket every 4 minutes to help with even cooking.
The exact cooking time can vary based on your air fryer and your personal preference.
When done, remove the cooked vegetables and add to a serving bowl. Enjoy!
These potatoes and brussels sprouts taste best when they are hot and crispy out of the air fryer.
If you do end up having leftovers, you can store them in a sealed container in the fridge. It’ll last for 3-5 days but will get softer over time.
You can reheat this veggie mix in the air fryer at 280 degrees Fahrenheit for a few minutes just until warm again. This will also draw out some of the extra moisture from the fridge.
Alternatively, the microwave also works – but don’t expect the potatoes or brussels sprouts to keep any of their crispiness.
What to Serve Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes With
- You can enjoy brussels sprouts and potatoes as a vegetarian meal since it’s so filling and delicious.
- As a vegetable side dish, it works really nicely with a number of meat options like turkey breast, pork tenderloin, or even lamb chops.
- If you’re making a larger meal for a larger group, another side that goes well with this one is air fryer carrots.
For more awesome vegetable combinations in the air fryer, here are some other tasty side dishes or veggie combos used as toppings!
- Air Fryer Carrots and Potatoes
- Potatoes and Onions in the Air Fryer
- Broccoli and Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
- Air Fried Peppers and Onions
- Mushrooms and Onions in the Air fryer
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 small red onion, optional
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash the potatoes and brussels sprouts, then dry them well.1 pound potatoes, 1 pound brussels sprouts
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch sized cubes. Remove the bottom stems of the brussels sprouts and cut them in half – also remove any overly loose/wilted/discolored leaves.
- Peel a small red onion and cut the onion into half. Cut the onion into half again lengthwise and then cut it into slices of even thickness.1 small red onion
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While you wait, add all the vegetables into a mixing bowl. Now, also add the avocado oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss everything until evenly coated.1 tablespoon avocado oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Once hot, add the vegetables to the preheated air fryer. Give the air fryer a gentle shake so that the vegetables settle in an even layer.
- Air fry the brussels sprouts and potatoes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for roughly 13-15 minutes total until soft and slightly browned. Shake the air fryer basket every 4 minutes to help with even cooking. Your exact cooking time can vary based on your air fryer and personal preference.
- When done, remove the cooked vegetables and add them to a serving bowl. Enjoy!
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice.