If you want to make frozen garlic bread in the air fryer, this is the recipe for you. Air fryer frozen garlic bread makes a quick and easy-to-make snack, appetizer, or garlicky addition to your favorite meal.
An easier version than air fryer garlic bread made from scratch, this frozen version of garlic bread is less of the work and all of the flavor you love!
Before you make any air fryer frozen garlic bread, be sure to read through the recipe tips so you achieve garlic bread success!
- You won’t need any additional or spices for air fryer frozen garlic bread. It’s usually ready to be heated as is.
- There are lots of different kinds of frozen garlic bread that you can buy. Ours was a loaf that was pre-cut into two halves. Once we thawed the whole thing, it split in two halves and toasted nicely. It came with cheese that you are supposed to add yourself, but this is not always the case. You’ll also find “flat-top” frozen garlic bread that is ready to be toasted (and often has cheese). There are also “pull apart” frozen loaves that have garlic butter spread between pre-cut slices. Whichever one you have, be sure to read the packaging for guidance since times and temperatures might vary slightly.
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
For those wondering how to cook frozen garlic bread in the air fryer, you can check out the recipe visuals in this section.
If you’re confident with how to make your frozen garlic bread, you can always skip below to the recipe card for cooking times and temperatures!
First, make sure that the garlic bread fits into your air fryer. If not, cut it in half. Then preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once the air fryer is preheated, add the frozen garlic bread. There are many different brands of frozen garlic bread, so the exact steps might vary.
Our frozen garlic bread needs to be thawed first (about 5 minutes) before we can open up the pre-cut loaf and toast the open sides that have the garlic butter (about 2-3 minutes).
Once the top is getting crispy, we add the cheese that comes with it and air fry until the cheese has melted and is golden brown (about 3 more minutes).
If your garlic bread doesn’t come with cheese that needs to be added extra, take it out of the air fryer when the garlic bread is crispy (after around 6-9 minutes).
We’d recommend eating all of the air fried garlic bread when it is hot and fresh since it tastes best this way.
If you have leftovers, you can either store them in a container on the counter (if you eat it within a few hours) or in the fridge.
It will get a little tough and won’t be as good as when it is first made but you can reheat small pieces in the air fryer again and it will help a bit.
What to Serve Air Fryer Frozen Garlic Bread With
Any type of garlic bread – fresh or frozen – tastes great with Italian dishes or anything that is tomato-based. It’s also quite versatile – you can eat it as an appetizer or with the main course!
For us, this includes lasagna, simple penne pasta with a creamy tomato sauce, ravioli, or tortellini.
If you are searching for more bread recipes in the air fryer, have a look through these other frozen tasty creations:
- Air Fryer Frozen Breadsticks
- Frozen Texas Toast in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Soft Pretzels in the Air Fryer
- Garlic Knots in the Air Fryer (Frozen)
- Frozen Dinner Rolls in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Garlic Bread
- 1 frozen garlic bread, loaf
- Make sure that the garlic bread fits into your air fryer. If not, cut it in half.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, add the frozen garlic bread.
- There are many different brands of frozen garlic bread, so the following steps might vary: Our frozen garlic bread needs to be thawed first (about 5 minutes) before we can open up the pre-cut loaf and toast the open sides that have the garlic butter (about 2-3 minutes).
- Once the top is getting crispy, we add the cheese that comes with it and air fry until the cheese has melted and is golden brown (about 3 more minutes). If your garlic bread doesn't come with cheese that needs to be added extra, take it out of the air fryer when the garlic bread is crispy (after around 6-9 minutes total).
- As mentioned above, there are a few different types of frozen garlic bread. Some are more of a "flat-top" that you toast that comes with cheese (either on the side or already added). Some are more of a loaf with garlic butter inserted between the pieces – which can be pulled apart. As such, cook time can vary – so make sure to keep an eye on the garlic bread when making it in the air fryer for the first time.
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice.