For a tasty chicken dinner dish that is easy to make from frozen, frozen chicken cordon bleu in the air fryer is a great option!
Breaded and stuffed with melty cheese and ham, this simple-to-make dish looks a little fancy and doesn’t skimp out on flavor!
Before making air fryer frozen chicken cordon bleu, have a quick read through these recipe tips so that you know what to expect!
- For many brands of frozen cordon bleu the chicken is raw (we used raw frozen chicken cordon bleu for this recipe). So please ensure your are cooking the chicken through fully. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You don’t have to defrost the chicken cordon bleu first. You can just add the frozen chicken to the preheated air fryer.
- The cheese may ooze out through the breading towards the end of the cooking time. This is normal, but keep ay eye on it!
We use this air fryer for our recipes and it has been great.
Step by Step Instructions
Cooking frozen chicken cordon bleu in the air fryer is really easy. If you would like to see some visuals, you can have a look at the process photos below.
If you just want the cooking time and temperature without photos, skip to the bottom of this post for the recipe card!
First, preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once the air fryer is hot, add the frozen chicken cordon bleu.
Cook the frozen chicken cordon bleu for 17-20 minutes total until fully cooked. Flip the pieces halfway through the cooking time.
The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
The cheese might start to ooze out of the breading towards the end of the cooking time.
When cooked through, remove the cordon bleu and let them sit for 2 minutes before serving.
Any leftovers can be stored in a sealed container and placed in the fridge.
Properly stored, it’ll last for up to 3-4 days. Keep in mind that the breading can get soft in the fridge so it’s best to eat these cooked cordon bleu sooner rather than later.
To reheat, we’d recommend the air fryer so that the breaded chicken stands a better chance of getting crispy again on the outside and heated through again evenly.
However, the microwave will also work.
If you are on the hunt for other quick meals made from frozen, have a look at these air fryer ideas:
- Frozen Chicken Kiev in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Pot Pie
- Frozen Chicken Patties in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Bagel Bites in the Air Fryer
- 2 frozen chicken cordon bleu
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the air fryer is hot, add the frozen chicken cordon bleu.
- Cook the frozen chicken cordon bleu for 17-20 minutes total until fully cooked. Flip the pieces halfway through the cooking time. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit. The cheese might start to ooze out of the breading towards the end of the cooking time.
- When cooked through, remove the cordon bleu and let them sit for 2 minutes before serving. They taste great with a side of potatoes and vegetables.
- Often the frozen chicken cordon bleu is raw so make sure to cook it through fully. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 480mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 21g
This nutritional information has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator. It should only be seen as a rough calculation and not a replacement for professional dietary advice. The exact values can vary depending on the specific ingredients used.